Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Vitality Test: Good Day Sacramento Airs Live Stair Climb of Wells Fargo Center In Downtown Sacramento, Green Tea & Olive Oil for Health

As the volunteer Executive Committee Chair for the American Lung Association’s Fight For Air Climb, I got up yesterday morning at 2 am to get down to the Wells Fargo Center. I had no idea of who all would be there. I had no idea of exactly what we would be doing. All I knew is that Good Day Sacramento was doing a live story on the Fight For Air Climb that is coming up next month, March 24th. Along with a firefighter, a gym owner, and Julie Lautsch, Regional Director for the American Lung Association we met Julissa Ortiz of Good Day Sacramento to climb the 34 flights of stairs for the morning news program. I arrived at 4:30 am and once we all gathered we stretched and warmed up then off we went. Our firefighter raced to the top in 4 minutes and 55 seconds. The rest followed at 6 to 6 and a half minutes and I finished in under 7 minutes. We had been delayed several times so it wasn’t until after 7 am that we began our climb. By then I was getting cold and hungry. I am amazed I did as well as I did! I have to credit my nutritional supplements and my regular exercise routine for my success. Next month, on March 24th, I expect my time to be even faster since I will have had a full night’s sleep and some food to fuel my body.

Here are some clips so prove I really did this yesterday!
http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/6785674-wells-fargo-stair-climb/ and http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/video/6785889-climb-for-air/ (I had already headed down the elevator for the last clip but I made it to the top!!


Joy and my daily habit: Green tea please!
Joy and I each drink about 4 cups of green tea every day we work together in Sacramento. We love that it tastes good, keeps us warm, and gets us through a tired morning or afternoon. Green tea has long been used for many remedies  More than a decade’s worth of research about green tea’s health benefits — particularly its potential to fight cancer and heart disease — has been more than intriguing, as have limited studies about green tea’s role in lowering cholesterol, burning fat, preventing diabetes and stroke, and staving off dementia. Another benefit of green tea is that the more you drink or take the more calories you burn without increasing your activity.One of my favorite supplements has green tea in a capsule so you can maximize your calorie burn and healthy living without drinking gallons of tea. The supplement provides a highly concentrated, proprietary extract of green tea catechins to help protect your body at the cellular level. Each capsule contains the catechin equivalent of SEVEN cups of green tea without the caffeine. Containing 97% polyphenol antioxidants, two-thirds of which are catechins, It is one of the most potent antioxidant products on the market-providing you with maximum protection for critical cell structures such as DNA.


Health Tip: The Greek Secret to Healthy Life…Olive Oil
Well, first off, looking at the per capita consumption of all fats and oils, Americans average 1.3 lbs of fat and oil a week – that’s on the order of 120% of the USDA recommended amounts – no wonder we have an obesity epidemic. Very little of the oil consumed is olive oil. We consume so little olive oil that it’s measured per year, at only ½ liter annually. The Greeks on the other hand, use ½ liter of olive oil per week, and on the Greek island of Crete, even more! The phytonutrients in olive oil help maintain a healthy cholesterol to keep heart disease at bay. Also, some olive oils are very high in antioxidants. Check out this page for the listings of several organic olive oils and their individual antioxidant scores: http://apollooliveoil.com/order.php

No comments:

Post a Comment