Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What Is Your New Year’s Resolution? Goals for 2012?

Christmas, the holiday with inflexible deadlines has come and gone. Whew! I know a lot of you are thinking, “I made it.” However, now we look at the bringing in of 2012, a whole new year. This idea brings with it a lot of hope that aspirations unmet in the year just passed will somehow now be attained. How seriously each of us take this mark of time’s passage is individual. For me, as I close in on my 50th year on the planet, I take it seriously. I realize I have places to go, people to see, and social changes to help make happen. Therefore, I write down my goals with the understanding that they are dynamic in nature, meaning they will change as life affords me opportunities. Even if my goals are subject to change, they still need to be written down and shared with someone I respect. Unwritten and unshared, goals have no power, no substance.

For example, when I was first starting to walk again after my first really bad episode with Multiple Sclerosis in 1999 I told my entire family I was going to run again. At the time, I couldn’t really write so I verbally committed to my goal of running. It took me about 7 years to finally be able to run again. I had many set backs over those 7 years but I just kept trying. If something wasn’t working to help me get to my goal, I’d try something else. I sought out the help of professionals when I needed assistance. I read about nutrition and the brain. I read about physical training methods. I also recognized when I needed a break and took it until I felt strong enough to try again.
I look forward to making and reaching new goals every year. In my next newsletter on January 2, 2012 I talk more about goals, how to reach them and what mine are for 2012.

Health Tip: Enjoy Life More: Increase The Quality of Life

Given the hectic, stressful lifestyles of millions of Americans, it is no wonder that “enjoying life more” has become a popular resolution in recent years. It’s an important step to a happier and healthier you! Consider establishing a daily nutritional supplement habit with a product with a money back guarantee so you can feel healthier and more energized everyday as a step toward a balanced life. The better you feel the easier it will be to make healthy choices when it comes to managing your time. The better you are able to manage your time and be involved in activities you enjoy the more fulfilled you feel. Here’s to enjoying life in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment