Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our Passion for Pearly Whites…Oral Health is So Important

If you were born in 1965 or later odds are you wore braces. With Americans growing obsession with physical appearance, braces have practically become a rite of passage in your teens. My sister wore braces in the 1970’s, my brother wore braces in the 1980’s, and my children and all their friends wore braces in the 2000’s. Teeth whitening has gone “laser”, like Dr. Evil, for permanent “pearly whites”. All this is great but what about true dental health? Where does that fit into this pretty picture? How many of us really know how to properly clean our teeth or what products are the best.

I just returned from my regularly scheduled dental cleaning appointment and I had the best report I’ve had in 10 years. Three years ago I had to have gum surgery which was the most painful thing that has EVER happened to me. Due to this awful experience I have tried all the toothpastes and cleaning devices suggested by my dentist and oral surgeon. Then one of my associates told me she had the best results with the  oral care products and she had been fighting having to have gum surgery herself. I immediately began using the products my friend had results with. Today my hygienist was super ecstatic about how healthy my gums are now and how little plaque I had on my teeth. When I was finished, I bounced out of the dentist’s office feeling 25 years old again!  Click here to see the image of the products I use on my facebook page.

Let’s face it, if you are missing teeth, have a yellow plaque build up on your teeth, have bad breath, or have a red-puffy gum line that does not look good; no matter how straight your teeth are. Use quality products, as directed and FLOSS!



Health Tip: Flossing Facts
It is surprising that only 12% of the population of a well developed country such as the United States of America floss their teeth daily. Even more surprising is the fact that hardly anyone is aware of the necessity of flossing. Some are rather incorrectly inclined to believe that regular brushing is enough to keep their tooth healthy. Let me try enlightening you on the necessity of flossing for good oral hygiene.
• Brushing sans flossing is comparable to cleaning only 65% of your body leaving the 35% dirty which simply means you are not completely clean.
• Flossing removes the tiny trapped food particles and also the plaque trapped between the teeth which a tooth brush cannot reach.
• It also prevents the formation of calculus or tartar which if formed can only be removed by your dentist.
• Recent studies have indicated flossing reduces the risk of heart attack. Hard to believe? Well, this is attributed to the close relation between gum disease and heart attack. The gum disease is prevented by regular flossing which decreases the risk for heart attack.
For more information visit: http://www.dentalhealthsite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment