Friday, October 21, 2011

Why I Am Blogging...for a "Nu" You

Hi, I am Julie Al-Huneidi and I started A Nu You By Julie to offer people choices in their skin care and nutritional supplements.  There is so much disinformation around skin care, anti-aging, nutritional supplements, and wellness, I felt compelled to help educate people with products I believe in. My mission statement is to provide an individualized and comprehensive program of science based products and services as well as business opportunities to improve people's lives.


Here is my story. I have Multiple Sclerosis which over 10 years I successfully, through diet and exercise, regained the use of my right leg, right hand, vision in my right eye, and speech. However, my face still showed the signs of aging and after my hard work I was not happy with that or with all the unsuccessful products I tried from spas, salons, dermatologists, and specialty beauty stores. I had to find something that would work!

It was my good fortune to meet two ladies, Cheri and Peggy, who introduced me to the Galvanic Spa  and the Anti-Aging products (more information to come later). Using the products for only 2 months, I had reversed the signs of aging on my face and everyone was wondering how I had done it. I had to know more about the company that discovered, patented, manufactured, and distributed the products that had helped me. I went to Provo, Utah where I met the scientists, saw the lab, toured the headquarters and distribution center, and met the company leaders. Try finding your average company that lets anyone do that!  I also discovered this company had a social conscience with their program to feed children in Malawi, Africa by not just providing meals to the children that attend school, but by also teaching the community how to grow the staples specific to their dietary needs of everyone living in the community.   Quality products, transparency and sustainability!  Needless to say, I was impressed and wanted to be part of this great company and share the products to help others. Click here to check out their website.

At first I had difficulty with the idea of direct sales but as the economy has changed, I realized this is the vehicle for financial freedom because of the awards the company has earned through innovation and best business practices.  In Forbes “Best Companies”   ranked number 5 in the top 100 mid-sized companies! Their stock is currently besting Apple. Think about that. 

Through my continuous research of credible sources, I come across information to help us all live our lives feeling and looking well and youthful; our best at any age.  I will share these tips here.  I would like to hear from each of you if these tips help you or if you have any tips yourself, please share!

My first Health tip:  Eat your tomatoes with olive oil!
By pouring a little organic olive oil on your tomatoes (cooked in sauces or raw in salads and sandwiches) prior to eating you allow your body to absorb all the lycopene in the tomatoes.  Lycopene is an antioxidant compound that gives tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables their color.  People who have diets rich in tomatoes appear to have a lower risk of certain types of cancer, especially cancers of the prostate, lung, and stomach (American Cancer Society, www.cancer.org).  An increase in antioxidants from all sources improves your complexion so “pass the olive oil please”.  Don’t cook with the olive oil because doing so changes it from healthy to unhealthy.  Olive oil is a long chain fat and under heat the long chain breaks causing it to become a free radical, which is what we are trying to disarm with our healthy eating.   For more information on organic olive oils and their antioxidant properties visit the FAQ’S page at www.apollooliveoil.com.  Feel good – look good

No comments:

Post a Comment